Peter Martin also attended and volunteered as an IT support guru.
I also had the honor of helping present this year’s Making IT Happen Award, as I was last year’s recipient. This award is given to education leaders who have made a significant contribution to the field.
I also had the evening opportunity of serenading VSTE attendees at the Hotel Roanoke with music by Bach and Philip Glass.
Okay John, but what did you learn!?
- AppShed – a Tool for making web-based mobile apps
- Rushton Hurley – What to do (and not do) to get teachers to use technology in the classroom – this session focused on demonstrating benefits for teachers and not expecting everyone to do the same things with technology
- NextVista Resources – online resources from Hurley – including materials to inspire others
- Waze.com – Mobile app for taking headaches out of driving
- Animation Funkification – Great presentation by former GES-teacher David Clough on animation tools for the elementary (or secondary) classroom
- Professional Development for Professional Learning
- Podcasting App for iPad