In connection with the Goochland Education Foundation and supported by the Community Foundation of Richmond, our Kajeet Program continues this school year to qualifying families. There are a few changes from the program last year. Check out the following details:
- Forms must be completed and submitted to a school by September 15, 2018.
- Families with multiple children can use one form to capture the need for multiple students.
- Qualifying students must participate in our 1:1 program grades 3-12.
Our thanks go to the new grant sponsor, the Community Foundation.
On the form, in order to qualify, there are now three options:
- My child qualifies because he/she qualified last year and a verification was already completed for SY 2017-18, or
- My child qualifies because we have an approved application for free/reduced lunch for this school year, or
- My child qualifies and an income verification form has been completed.
Please understand that our grant covers a limited number of devices and that the devices are to be used for educational activities in connection with a school-issued iPad or MacBook. The devices provide filtered internet access. Despite this filtering, parents should still monitor student use of school-owned devices at home.