I’m flattered to have been asked to deliver a keynote presentation this year at our Convocation on Monday, August 15, 2011 when all teachers return for the 2011-12 school year.
A copy of my slides are available in PDF format. If you have comments or questions for me, use the comments below!
Links of interest:
- Kaiser Report: Generation M2
- Bowling Alone by Robert Putnam
- Learning to Change video
- Brain Rules
- What does it mean to be educated? from Forbes Magazine
- Education Needs a Digital Upgrade from NY Times
- Pew Internet Report – Sleeping with Cell Phones
- Big Questions for Educators
- Adolescents with Internet Addiction Disorder
- Internet’s Net Effect on the Brain
- Pew Internet – Kids Getting Cell Phones at Younger Ages
- Pew Internet – Teens and Mobile Phones
- Screen Time for Kids: Balancing Fun, Learning, and Media Creation
- How Technology Wires the Learning Brain
- Video Games Fire Up Learning
- Vision of Students Today – Video Collage
- Are they really ready to work?
- Are your co-workers killing you?