How important is leading a good discussion, or asking good questions?
According to Tony Wagner, these are key skills business leaders are looking for when hiring employees. He defines seven survival skills on which schools should be placing focus.
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Collaboration Across Networks and Leading by Influence
- Agility and Adaptability
- Initiative and Entrepreneurialism
- Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Accessing & Analyzing Information
- Curiosity and Imagination
It’s a really good read. Tony Wagner has worked for more than thirty-five years in the field of school improvement, and he is a frequent keynote speaker and widely published author on education and society.
My thanks go to Mrs. Jill Baedke for sharing this article with me!