If you want to use Google Apps with your students, you must watch the two videos – the first one is posted here.
Why do I want to use Google Docs with my students? What are the benefits?
- You can easily share content between yourself and students without using paper.
- Students who have Internet access at home can access their documents without using a flash drive, or with worry about file incompatibilities.
- You can have students engage in discussions and collaborative notetaking with GoogleWave.
- You can build a class website and students can contribute to it (Google Sites).
- Students do not need to be as cognizant of where they have saved documents – they’re all in Google Docs.
- You can share a class calendar and you can hold students responsible for maintaining their own calendars.
What are the drawbacks?
- Students can communicate with one another through a Doc, through Wave, or through a spreadsheet. It’s like a live iChat.
- You’ll likely want laptops more often now since Google Docs is so powerful!
Where can I learn more?